Cookies

We use essential cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set analytics cookies that help us make improvements by measuring how you use the site. These will be set only if you accept.

For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our cookies page.

Essential Cookies

Essential cookies enable core functionality such as security, network management, and accessibility. For example, the selections you make here about which cookies to accept are stored in a cookie.

You may disable these by changing your browser settings, but this may affect how the website functions.

Analytics Cookies

We'd like to set Google Analytics cookies to help us improve our website by collecting and reporting information on how you use it. The cookies collect information in a way that does not directly identify you.

Third Party Cookies

Third party cookies are ones planted by other websites while using this site. This may occur (for example) where a Twitter or Facebook feed is embedded with a page. Selecting to turn these off will hide such content.

Skip to main content

News

Message from Ian

The Times They Are A-Changin’

…said Bob, but

The Show Must Go On ….…said Freddie.

And that’s what is happening on Marsh Gibbon Parish Council.  
As I retired, there were seven candidates for seven places. Current councillors Adrian Lambourne, Penny Evershed, Liz Taylor, June Smith, Richard Cross and Nick Lyon are joined by Tom Reveler, after an uncontested election on May 6.
The new Council will serve for four years. The first meeting will be in the Village Hall on Tuesday May 11 at 8.00pm, open to the public.

For the past few months I have not sent out the Parish Council Bulletin, but  Nick Lyon does maintain a presence for MGPC on Facebook. If you would like to follow that, the link is: www.facebook.com/marshgibbonpc.

Nick has also offered to resume the monthly email bulletin that I used to send.
To receive it after May 11, you need do nothing – I can transfer the current list of recipients to Nick.

If you would prefer not to receive the email in future, please respond to this message and we will delete you from my list. If you do not respond, Nick will email you in May from his address (nicklyon316@yahoo.co.uk).

Cllr Ian Metherell receiving a grant from Tesco Bags of Help Cllr Ian Metherell receiving a grant from Tesco Bags of Help

Donations to the COVID-19 Foodbank

Donations to the COVID-19 Foodbank Donations to the COVID-19 Foodbank

A fantastic effort from residents of Marsh Gibbon towards the Aylesbury COVID-19 Foodbank collection

Donations to COVID-19 Foodbank Donations to COVID-19 Foodbank

Many thanks to all those who contributed.

24 March 2021:

THE MINISTRY of JUSTICE have taken a decision not to submit an Outline Planning Application at this time whilst they review all of our consultation responses in more detail. Thanks to everyone who submitted responses.

The battle against this unwanted mega prison IS NOT OVER.